Reliance Roof Restoration MacGregor
Meet Your Local MacGregor Reliance Roofer To Make Your Old Roof New!
Flat Roofing Systems: Everything You Need to Know
Flat Roof or Pitched Roof? These are the two of the most popular choices when it regards to roofing types. Both of these are widely used in residential roofing applications. There are vast differences between the two of them. Aside from the fact that the flat roofs are common for commercial buildings, pitched roofs work best in the beautification. As the pitch is mainly applied for architectural aesthetic.
Let us at Reliance Roof Restoration MacGregor share some information about the structural dynamics of flat roofs.
Is A Flat Roof Always Flat?
A flat roof is not literally flat all the time. There are some flat roofs that are sloped for the purpose of better water drainage. These are called low slope roofs. To measure the lowness of the roof’s slope, the roof’s rise must be over 12 inches in measurement. A roof that rises 3 inches or below are considered low slope roofs. While more than 4 inches are called pitched roofs. This is pitch is very vital especially in handing roof repairs MacGregor.
We use a membrane system whenever we roof a low slope roofing system. A membrane system is a roofing material that is installed to keep even standing water from leaking into the building. Some types of membrane systems are torch-down, single-ply and built-up. This is important to understand when contemplating undergoing roof restoration MacGregor.
How to Prevent Failure in Installing Flat Roofs
Flat roofs, despite of being easy to put up, can be prone to leakages. If this is the case the leak can be hard to locate. But there are ways to prevent this from happening.
Regular inspection and maintenance is one of the best way to extend the life of flat roofs. This can benefit you greatly by being able to isolate what needs to be fixed. This can be done by using our speciality roof painting MacGregor team to avoid these types of problem cases. Furthermore, roofing experts like the Reliance Roof Restoration team provide the best products available. Through a stringent analysis of your roofing needs we will implement the product that you need. They have the best people to handle various roofing jobs like roof painters MacGregor.
They can use any of the following:
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomore (EPDM) single ply. This is a sheet that is big and water-resistant which can handle rain, snow, UV rays, scratches and sudden temperature changes.
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)- This is the kind that is less expensive and ideal for various uses.
- Hybrid Single Ply- combination of two or more products that work together for various applications on one roof.
- Duro-last pre- fabricated and field fabricated systems- Made of PVC, these are more durable compared to other kinds of protection system.
- “We were amazed with how pleasant all your staff are. They couldn’t do enough to help.”Barry and Eva / from Forest Lake
- “This is just a quick thank you letter to let you know how pleased we are with your firm. Our ‘new roof’ looks great and our neighbours have all commented on how much it has modernised our home. We’d also like to thank you for your after installation follow up. As you know we had some difficulty with our whirlybird. We were amazed how quickly you answered our call for help. We appreciate your honesty and integrity in solving that problem for us. We would have no hesitation recommending your business to ur friends and family. We know that you deliver the best service in roof restorations. Good luck with the success of your firm.”Scott and Michelle McGrath / from Middle Park
- “Your quality and performance exceeded my expectations.”Simon / from Sherwood