Asbestos Roof Removal
If you have an asbestos roof and are looking to have it removed Reliance Roofing is qualified to remove it for you. We can safely remove your fibro asbestos roof and replace it with a new colorbond or tiled roof so you won’t have to worry about your roof’s safety anymore. We have the relevant licensing and comply to all QLD regulation with regards to asbestos removal. We are fully licensed asbestos removalists in Queensland with all of our crews holding an A class license (AS1).
If you are considering replacing your asbestos roof you will have peace of mind that the asbestos will be safely removed from your property.
Roof replacement is a significant step forward in increasing the safety of your roof and the value of your home. Our asbestos roof removal specialists have the necessary equipment and years of experience so you can be assured they will safely dispose of your asbestos roof.
What Are The Dangers of Asbestos?
Mesothelioma, or “asbestosis” is a rare disease which affects the lungs and arises from exposure to asbestos fibres. Mesothelioma causes shortness of breath and pleural plagues, and has been responsible for many deaths over the last few decades. The period between exposure to asbestos and the onset of the disease varies, but it presents itself, typically, 15 – 25 years after the exposure. At this stage, asbestos exposure is the only known cause of Mesothelioma.
The risks with Asbestos arise from breathing in the microscopic asbestos fibres released when they are “stirred up” from either mishandling or heavy wear and resulting deterioration. Asbestos cement sheeting used in the past for roofing contains around 5 – 10% chrysotile (white asbestos). This is enough to present a risk to anyone handling it and so it advisable to have a licensed professional remove this for you.
Popular opinion is that Asbestos fibres are only stirred up from breaking or cutting the material, or from mishandling. While this is true, it fails to point out how easily Asbestos sheets break while being handled – such as removing the fixings securing the asbestos sheets, and then removing the sheets themselves. Even gentle handling can be enough to put microscopic fibres into the air – fibres that you then breathe in. It’s when the microscopic asbestos fibres enter your lungs that the real danger presents itself. You see, these fibres are shaped like a hook. The hook end of the fibre can lodge itself in the wall of a lung, and that is when you are “infected”.
Why Replace Your Asbestos Roof?
The danger of having asbestos roofing is that if the roofing structure is somehow compromised the asbestos dust particles can and will be released into the air and be breathed in by the homeowners and their families. Asbestos is known to be toxic and inhalation can lead to serious life threatening illnesses including mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.
What Is Involved With Asbestos Roof Removal?
Do not to be concerned asbestos roofing can be easily and safely removed. Asbestos roof removal and replacement adds tremendous aesthetic and intrinsic value to your house which will be invaluable when you are trying to sell. Adding a new tile or colorbond roof will add a new sparkle to your home. Watch this video to view a standard asbestos roof removal and roof replacement job.
Protect Your Family By Hiring A Licensed Professional To Remove Your Asbestos Roof.
A Professional Will Take All Necessary Precautions Such As:
- Spraying the roof with PVA glue before any work commences – this encapsulates the fibres and minimises the amount of fibres that will be “stirred up” when the roof is removed.
- After removing sheets, wrapping them in Builders plastic and taping up each pack.
- All packs of wrapped up sheets removed from site (on a truck which then takes the asbestos away to an asbestos waste disposal depot).
- Suits, masks, gloves and shoe covers are worn for our safety.
- Your front yard will be “cordoned” off and a sign stating that it is an asbestos work site will be erected at the front to warn passers by.
- Your ceiling will be vacuumed to remove any fibres from your ceiling cavity.
- After removal, your yard will be scoured and any asbestos debris will be removed. At Reliance, we take all of these precautions and exceed ‘Workplace Health and Safety’ regulations. In fact, Workplace Health and Safety undertake regular random checks. We’ve had several inspections carried out on sites we’ve been working on and we’ve passed every time.
A New Quality Value For Money Roof at a Reasonable Price
From as little as $55 per week you can have a safe, new roof.
Reliance offers home owners a variety of payment options from bank transfer and credit cards to an interest free financing option. If you were prefer to finance your asbestos roof replacement project then you simply need to mention this to one of our friendly estimators or roofing consultants and they will organise for you to apply for an interest free two (2) year finance plan. The benefits are:
- Choice of payment frequency – weekly, monthly or fortnightly
- Fast approvals
- Finance up to $14,000
- A range of financing terms to suit your budget – up to 24 months
- One time easy application process – no need to reapply the next time you make a purchase
*$55 per week repayment assumes a house size of 120 square metres and a cost of $48 per square metre. FYI the average roof size is between 180 to 220 square metres.
‘Reliance Roof Restoration’ guarantees the following for a roof replacement for a full 10 years:
- Materials used will not crack, tear or “warp”.
- Materials used will not separate or come loose from the surface(s) they are applied to.
- Your roof will not leak.
- Materials used will not rust.
- Any damage to your home, whether related or unrelated to the works performed on your roof, if proven with clear evidence to be as a result of our works, will be repaired free of charge.
- This warranty is transferable to any future owner of the property provided ‘Reliance Roof Restoration’ is notified in writing no longer than 90 days after the title transfer.
- This warranty covers the specific works performed by ‘Reliance Roof Restoration’ only.
What Other Options Do I Have For My Asbestos Roof?
While most people choose to have their asbestos roof removed their certainly are other options. Preventative measures can be taken to limit the risk of asbestos exposure for your existing roof complete removal is the method that is more often recommend for maximised safety. While we generally advise our customers to have their fibro roof removed we understand that this is not a viable option for everyone. It is possible to have your asbestos made safe which will further add to its lifespan and maximise the safety of the roof structure. However, fewer and fewer roofing companies offer this service due to the obvious risks.